A true wading jacket cut short for wearing over waders, the Simms G3 Guide Tactical is everything you'd want in a high end wading jacket. We like: the extra protection in the neck, the extra flex and give while casting or rowing, the nearly waterproof cuffs, and the way the front is designed for use with sling packs. Simms is the leader in wading gear, and this jacket is a culmination of that.
- 9 pockets: 4 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered sleeve pocket, 1 internal zippered pocket, 1 internal stretch mesh pocket.
- YKK® water‐resistant zippers.
- 4‐point adjustable, tuck‐away Storm Hood.
- Watertight Shingle Cuff™. (we think this is amazing)
- 2 integrated retractors, 1 fly patch, 1 net D‐ring.
- Hem closure.
- The GORE-TEX® membrane is the heart of all GORE -TEX® products. The GORE-TEX® membrane contains 9 billion microscopic pores per square inch. These pores are so small that water droplets cannot get through but water vapor can still escape. Water from the outside cannot penetrate and cold winds cannot pass through, but perspiration can escape easily, keeping you dry and comfortable all day. GORE-TEX® fabrics are created by integrating the GORE-TEX® membrane between an outer fabric and lining.
- All Simms outerwear features nylon YKK® zippers to minimize corrosion and provide high performing, durable wear.
- Cleaning your GORE-TEX® garments regularly will extend the life of the product. It will also keep them breathable as dirt and oil can clog the GORE-TEX® membrane over time.
- It is critical to wash jackets. Natural oils can damage the GORE-TEX® tape and adhesives causing a peeling effect.
- Machine wash warm. Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Remember to zip all pockets and close all Velcro cuffs before washing to prevent any damage caused by the machine.
- Tumble dry on warm setting making sure not to use a high heat setting. (Drying on warm will actually reactivate the DWR coating.)